Virat Kohli has scored a century on his World Cup debut in 2011. He scored an unbeaten 100 against Bangladesh in his debut match of World Cup.
As of 2015, Virat Kohli is the second most followed sportsperson from India on Facebook. He has over 20 million followers and is behind Sachin Tendulkar who has over 24 million followers. Globally, Kohli occupies 20th position, while Sachin is in 13th position.
In the four-test match series against Australia, Virat Kohli scored four hundreds.
Virat Kohli Records
- Virat Kohli has hit four centuries in Twenty20 Cricket. All his four centuries came in the 2016 season of the Indian Premier League.
- Virat Kohli's four centuries in 2016 IPL is the most by a player in a single T20 tournament.
- Number of ODI centuries: 22 (as on Feb 2015). He is the fastest Indian to hit 22 ODI centuries having taken just 151 innings. Kohli is the fifth batsman to reach the 22 centuries landmark.
- Virat Kohli's 59.23% contribution in the final of the 2014 World T20 is the highest in a completed innings for India in a T20 International.
World Cup Records
- On 15 Feb 2015 Virat Kohli became the first Indian batsman to score a century against Pakistan in World Cup matches. Prior to his feat, Sachin Tendulkar is the top scorer for India in World Cup matches with 98 in Centurion in 2003.
Indian Premier League Records
- Virat Kohli is the first player to score 4000 runs in IPL history. He reached the milestone against Kings XI Punjab on May 18, 2016
- Virat Kohli holds the record for the most number of century partnerships in a single season. As on May 14, 2016, Virat Kohli and AB de Villiers have four century partnerships in the 2016 IPL. Kohli and Gayle had three century partnerships in 2012 IPL.
Virat Kohli Trivia
- Virat Kohli scored centuries in India's first match in both 2011 and 2015 World Cup