Mahendra Singh Dhoni is the captain of the Indian team in One Day Internationals. After the third test match aganst Australia in 2014, MS Dhoni has retired from Test Cricket. In the Indian Premier League, Dhoni captains the Chennai Super Kings team. Dhoni is known to be one of the greatest finishers of all time.
MS Dhoni has finished off a match with a six, nine times in his career. It's the most by a player in ODIs.
World Cup Winning Bat
Dhoni hit the winning six of the 2013 World Cup. The bat which he used to hit the six was sold for 100,000 pounds on 18 July 2011, which was bought by Amit Bhagchandka, chief executive officer (CEO) of RK Global, a financial broking firm. The sale of the bat went into Guinness World Records and the Limca Book of Records. Dhoni autographed the bat. It's current market value is estimated at Rs 1 crore.
- MS Dhoni is the most successful Indian cricket captain in World Cup matches. After the victory against Ireland on 10 March 2015, Dhoni has led India to victory in 12 World Cup matches going past Kapil Dev's tally of 11.
- Third captain after Ricky Ponting (167) and Allan Border (107) to win 100 ODI matches
- Dhoni is the only captain to win all the three major ICC events: Cricket World Cup, Champions Trophy and World T20.
- Dhoni was awarded the ICC ODI Player of the Year - in 2008 and 2009.
- Dhoni is honored with Padma Shri.