India in 2015 World Cup
India is in Pool B of the 2015 World Cup. The team is led by its skipper MS Dhoni.
The following are the players in the 15-member squad of India that will compete in the tournament.
- MS Dhoni (captain / wicket keeper)
- Ravichandran Ashwin
- Stuart Binny
- Shikhar Dhawan
- Ravindra Jadeja
- Virat Kohli
- Bhuvneshwar Kumar
- Mohammed Shami
- Axar Patel
- Ajinkya Rahane
- Suresh Raina
- Ambati Rayudu
- Rohit Sharma
- Umesh Yadav
- Ishant Sharma (injured, withdrawn)
- Feb 8, 2015: vs Australia (warm-up) - lost by 106 runs
- Feb 10, 2015: vs Afghanistan (warm-up) - won by 153 runs
- Feb 15, 2015: vs Pakistan at Adelaide Oval - won by 76 runs
- Feb 22, 2015: vs South Africa at Melbourne Cricket Ground
- Feb 28, 2015: vs United Arab Emirates at Perth
- Mar 6, 2015: vs West Indies at Perth - won by 4 wickets
- Mar 10, 2015: vs Ireland at Hamilton
- Mar 14, 2015: vs Zimbabwe at Auckland
Feb 8, 2015: India still remain winless on the Australian tour as Australia beat India by 106 runs in the first warm-up match of the tournament.
Feb 10, 2015: India defeats Afghanistan in the second warm-up match
Feb 12, 2015: Indian prime minister Narendra Modi wished the Indian squad of the 2015 World Cup. Modi has sent personalized tweets to every member of the Indian squad.
Indian squad practices at St. Peter's College in Adelaide
Feb 13, 2015: Practice session for the team at St. Peter's College in Adelaide
Feb 15, 2015: India defeats Pakistan by 76 runs. Virat Kohli becomes the first Indian batsman to score a century against Pakistan in world cup matches.
Prior to World Cup
India played a test-series against Australia and a triangular ODI series against Australia and England. They concluded the tour of Australia without a single victory. India lost 2-0 in test series to hosts Australia and failed to reach the final of the triangular ODI series. India's batting has suffered on the tour. Captain MS Dhoni has hinted that India might go with a four-bowler strategy in the World Cup.